Roadcraft: The Police Driver's Handbook
Roadcraft is the definitive guide to better, safer driving. Incorporating current evidence-based best practice, it is recognised as the gold standard in police driver training. Endorsed by the emergency services and civilian driving organisations, Roadcraft is suitable for all emergency service drivers and members of the public wishing to take their driving skills to a higher level.
2020 edition - features
Prepared through close consultation with the police, other emergency services and driving instructors, readers can look forward to:
- An updated design.
- A revised overtaking chapter with separate sections on passing stationary vehicles, single stage overtakes, and multi-stage overtakes.
- New explanations of advanced concepts, such as limit points on left-hand bends.
- Information about fuel-efficient driving.
Three out of four collisions are caused by driver error. The commonest errors are failure to look properly, judge the other person's speed or path or loss of control
How Roadcraft can help you become a better driver
- Understand the four-phase system of car control and how you can apply it to all driving situations.
- Find out how your confidence and state of mind can increase or reduce your safety, and how to manage these influences.
- Learn about the core driving competencies and how to develop self-assessment skills to continuously improve your driving abilities.
- Learn through high quality illustrations how to achieve a higher level of personal risk awareness and competence in handling your vehicle so that you can tackle most driving situations safely and effectively.
Roadcraft is also available as eLearning. Find out more...
- Buy book
- Available soon in iPad format
- Available soon in Kindle format