Roadcraft: The Police Driver's Handbook (2013)
Roadcraft is the definitive guide to better, safer driving. Incorporating current evidence-based best practice, it is recognised as the gold standard in police driver training. Endorsed by the emergency services and civilian driving organisations, Roadcraft is suitable for all emergency service drivers and members of the public wishing to take their driving skills to a higher level.
2013 edition - features
This edition of Roadcraft was fully revised and updated. Prepared through close consultation with the police, other emergency services and driving instructors, it includes substantial additional content:
- Chapters on emergency response driving and manoeuvring at low speeds, a common cause of collisions and damage. See a sample.
- Self-assessment questions throughout, to help you assess your driving.
- Lively, full colour 3D illustrations and diagrams which explain the key principles and techniques of better driving.
Two out of three collisions are caused by driver error. The commonest errors are failure to look properly, judge the other person's speed or path or loss of control
How Roadcraft can help you become a better driver
- Understand the four-phase system of car control and how you can apply it to all driving situations.
- Find out how your confidence and state of mind can increase or reduce your safety, and how to manage these influences.
- Learn about the core driving competencies and how to develop self-assessment skills to continuously improve your driving abilities.
- Learn through high quality illustrations how to achieve a higher level of personal risk awareness and competence in handling your vehicle so that you can tackle most driving situations safely and effectively.